Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a New Year at Patchwork Place

It's a new year, a new decade, and I am new to the blogging world. For someone who does not even know how to get my text messages this is an experience. Claire is trying her best to keep this going long enough for me to learn how. It just does not like my name or password, keeps kicking me around.
Talk about new - just about everything is new for Patchwork Place in 2010. Our new shop is being painted for us today. The dark green and heavy tan wall colors had to go. Tom and I took tables over to look for the perfect spot for classes. The round building part of the shop will work for the classroom/patches room. I think it will be so neat, kinda funky looking and will be a lot of fun to sew in.
Today or tomorrow they should be installing our ELECTRIC sign that says Patchwork Place on our new shop. Can you believe it? After all these years of our hiding behind a brick wall, we will have not only one but two signs, and one of those is electric.
The retreats that are new this year are almost here, the mystery is difficult to keep but soon the retreat will be available for small groups. Imagine, a retreat you don't have to drive two or more hours to get to.
And another new event for Patchwork is the bus trip we are having April 17th, we are working out the agenda and meals and signing up quilters.
There may be more new events coming to Patchwork Place this year so keep checking this blog if I can get past the password snafu.

No comments:

Post a Comment